Saturday 27 August 2016

My Washroom Diaries.



The washroom has been said to be one of the places one can find peace and relaxation in the house. It could be a place to hide away from the entire household, and also a place to let yourself easily go. By simply sitting on the "pot", I easily get carried away in my own world. So here I am sharing with you a few of my moments in the washroom. I hope you relate with my experiences as we embark on this jolly ride.

I wish I could really tell you how I feel when I enter the rest room; home or public. It's always a relieving feeling because often it comes with releasing oneself from a sort of discomfort---you know? Except sometimes the public ones take you way back into wishing life was a bit more fair. I mean why are some public washrooms so disgusting? It sort of makes you wanna just pee on yourself instead.

As I'm writing this piece, I'm seated right in front of my washroom(I was inside but it felt small so I came out so that I could savour the whole memories of it). This is a place where I find a lot of inspiration. I wish I could call it something like my "throneroom". Sitting on the pot indeed makes me feel like a princess sitting on her throne and in charge of everything around her.

I sometimes take my tea there and my Mp3 player too... And of course my phone. These make me feel on top of the world in there so much that I totally forget where I am. Infact, sometimes I'm tempted to take my blanket and pillow there as well only that I get scared of being tagged crazy. Come to think of it, it's called a 'rest room' so who cares?

There was this time I felt so down, not wanting to talk to anyone. I locked myself in the washroom for close to 3 hours. I talked to myself the entire time, ignoring all the knocks and calls by my family from outside. It wasn't new to them anyway. I talked about my future, my relationships, and about several questions running through my mind. I was glad I felt a bit relieved after the whole process.

I really love to unwind from all the negativity that happens around me and I'm glad I mostly find my washroom useful in that regard.

It's also a place where I find writing inspiration. I've written several pieces, poems, stories, memories from there. I've met with myself there, basically. It is a place which has taught me patience and calmness. True. Like whenever I'm on the verge of peeing, the washroom has being able to teach me endurance and patience by allowing me the courage to gradually take off my underwear with care before finally landing on the seat to ease myself. How else can one learn patience if not in this manner? I bet you all can relate.

Each day, my washroom shows me the essence of discipline. I'm never comfortable seeing my pot stained therefore I'm left with no choice than to clean it every morning. Shame to every person who has not yet learnt to flush their waste after every washroom visit. That's the basic step to discipline and if you're not yet used to it you better start.

Letting go is one of the things most people haven't gotten a hold of yet. But I have news for you...

We all let go of the toxic in our bodies almost everyday; in the washroom. So you see, this should tell you that whatever toxic situation, friend, environment, that you find yourself in is not worth keeping. Let the washroom experience teach you the essence of letting go so you can feel at ease.

So there it is. Unwind, flush, let go, and enjoy every moment of your life. I'm sure by now you've decided which place is the favorite room of all in your house.

Justica Anima
Adjeianima@gmail.com
Switstica.blogspot.com

1 comment: