Saturday 31 December 2016

Dear Future Husband




Hi Mr,

I'm gonna have to rush through this because I have just a few minutes on my airtime at the Cyber Cafe where I am mailing you this letter from. Love, ours is gonna be a graceful marriage and union, you know why?

Well...

For the record, I am not the woman any man would encounter and be able to forget totally and soon you shall know this from experience. Years back, I was praying to God  about you and he revealed to me how you are equally going to be fun and exciting to hang around. He told me you would be tall(errm God talk am oo), dark, intelligent and handsome, and so I should not even bother my head. Dearly beloved, if what was revealed to me is anything to hold on to, I am gripping you firmly with both hands in the supernatural realm even before you appear in person. These times of waiting are going to be my best years ever because the fantasy of you lingering in my mind is all the world to me right now.

Here in my room, I am figuring out how we will meet. Shall we bump into eachother at the shopping mall or at the National Theatre where I might probably be at an Uncle Ebo Whyte play? Maybe we might meet in the trotro(public transport) as I shall be singing along the music playing from the vehicle. And you, you shall be listening to my melodious voice and be nodding in admiration to it. Then I shall turn to you with a shy smile which will usher us into our very first conversation. Perhaps, we may meet at my favorite Waakye(rice and beans) Joint at Kwabenya near the mosque where I would be shabbily dressed because I haven't yet taken my bath.

When we have finally gotten acquainted with eachother, you would always bring me ice-cream whenever you come to visit.You would take me out to Live Bands and Concerts because you would know from the trotro saga how I so much cherish music. And if you are ever lost for what gift to give to me on any occasion, remember to gift me any great book with my name and yours boldly inscribed on it, in black ink. Dear, BOOKS are like my second oxygen and your awareness about this shall save us a lot of misunderstanding which may arise due to my over indulgence in reading or writing.

Of course, we shall have a yearly ritual so be prepared for that. It may either be a travel to a far far away land, or watching the stars in our garden while making a wish, or spending time with the less privileged, or just staying in bed a whole day in eachother's arms. I know you will happily share in my weird self because you will love me to bits no matter what. Your suggestions will also, however, be needed while we agree on what this ritual should be. I do not expect much from you as regards commitment and responsibilities as I promise to always be on my feet as an industrious wife. However, that being said, I know you would meet up to the expectations of a loving husband so I am very calm in that regard.

The gentleman that you are, I believe, will surely bring out the best lady in me. I cannot wait to kiss you on the cheeks "goodnight" as we settle to some cool music playlist and red wine during bedtime. And when it is morning, we shall lie face to face in bed for about twenty minutes, savoring eachother's bad breathe and staring into our eyes knowing that we are going to wake up to ourselves for the rest of our lives till death do us part.

With love,
Future Wife.


Written by,
Justica Anima
adjeianima@gmail.com
switstica.blogspot.com

5 comments:

  1. NB: You didn't mention the number of children we will have and how we will give them the best of everything.Lol

    Great piece. Keep it up dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great piece, my Dear. This one is 'unputdownable'. How i wished God revealed me to you. Hahahahahaaaa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good day Sir/Madam,

    This message is to inform you that Davin Foundation Loans Scheme offer all types of loans at 3% annual rate.
    If are in need of finance to start up or expand your business, pay off your debt? We give out loan to interested individuals and company's who seeks for loan with good faith. If seriously interested or in urgent need send your response to {carneydavin@gmail.com}
    Application For loan:
    Full Name:
    Date Of Birth:
    Address:
    Sex:
    Phone No:
    Country:
    City:
    State:
    Zip Code:
    Nationality:
    Occupation:
    Monthly Income:
    Amount Needed:
    Duration:
    Purpose of the loan:

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete